Friday, October 22, 2010

Reusing Classico Spaghetti Jars

A very brief word here - I'm probably the last person in the universe to know this, but it's exciting to me anyway.  I've been saving up Classico spaghetti sauce jars for years - they're pretty canning jars, except not wide mouthed.

Mind you, I don't actually can, but they're just far too pretty to throw away - I use them as on-the-fly flower vases, to store food in the fridge or freezer, name it.  Right now, I've got a bunch of them down in the baseent holding pysanky egg dye from a craft project last spring.

I've been come across a couple simpler canning/pickling projects I'd like to try, but really, really didn't want to have to buy a whole lot of stuff just to try it.. well... Ball (the canning supply company) sells lids that fit the Classico jars - the lids with the separate flat insert so you get a good seal.  I got a box of 12 for less than $2.00, along with a widmouth funnel that fits the opening. 

It just makes me happy to know I can get full use out of those jars for such low cost.  Now to decide what I'll do with this!

No comments:

Post a Comment