Tuesday, October 26, 2010

HOO Are YOU? Oct 26

NightOwlCrafting



1. How many times a year do you get your hair cut?
One if I think about it - I am very bad at taking care of my hair.  It's curly/frizzy and pretty much grows 'til I get tired of it, announce I'm cutting it off, looks great until I get out of the salon, and then I'm growing it out again.  I have more than once announced in half seriousness that I'm shaving my head.  I haven't yet - it would just grow out again and look worse.


2. Where is the worst place to be stuck waiting?
Anywhere where I am out of reach of something to read while I wait.  The inside of an MRI machine comes to mind.

3. What are your favorite pizza toppings?
Mmm...pizza.  It MUST have mushrooms and olives.  After that, I'm easy as long as there are no nasty bell peppers on there.  If I don't have to share, it's likely to have spicy sausage, banana peppers, maybe some pineapple.  But honestly...more mushrooms and olives would be good too.  Feta on pizza is awesome, too.

4. What's your favorite thing about where you live?
I live in a small town in West Virginia right now - my number one favorite thing about the area is the people.  West Virginians are absolutely without doubt (and I've lived all over the world, so I know) the nicest, most down to earth friendliest and non-whiniest people I've ever met.  If they have a dollar to their name they'll figure out a  way to give you two dollars if you need it.  I almost hate to praise West Virginia too much, or everyone will want to move here and then it won't be the same.  "Pride" is the most positive sense defines these folks, I think.

The other thing I love here is the view - I'm not a fan of the hills come winter when it's slippery but there is no question that if you want to see something beautiful at any given moment, just open your eyes.  Whether its a sea of autumn foliage, or a gurgling waterfall, or just the way the sky seems close enough to touch, this is an incredibly beautiful state.

5. What's your favorite fruit? Veggie?

I am no good at favorites - my ideal meal would be a huge buffet where I could have one good taste of everything.  That said, I sure do love winter squash and sweet potatoes and corn and cranberries and apples and cherries... how All American is all that!?

No comments:

Post a Comment