Sunday, January 9, 2011

Crazy January Challenge - Day 8

Yesterday's challenge project was the Quaker sampler freebie available at gazette94.  I have tried and tried and failed to get any sort of decent picture of this - it's on 28ct light blue linen, and I'm using DMC variations - a few shades - and the combination is a colorful pastel effect that seems to be impossible to photograph.

I was able to get the center motif finished, and got about 3/4s of the way throught he half-medallion beneath it. 

This is one that is simply pleasant to stitch, and it was fed on a diet of old movies ranging from "Love in the Afternoon" to "Paint Your Wagon".   For a good portion of the day, it was snowing heavily, and it seemed like a very good day to cuddle up under a blanket with some hot chocolate, stitchery, and old movies.




It's still snowing today, off and on, but I've got some householdy things to do.  Today's project will be a WIP, and may just be a token effort.

And - a full entry forthcoming after I take some pictures, but I got a fabulous package yesterday from Aine at The Deepest Well that I can't wait to share with you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment