Saturday, January 1, 2011

Crazy January Challenge - Day 1

Happy New Year everyone!  Hope it's been good to you so far!  My day was spent visiting with Michael and cooking mostly - but I also made sure to start a new project for the first day of the Crazy January Challenge - one down, fourteen to go!

Not much to see so far - this is a design of mine I haven't actually stitched yet, so it'll be a mystery to all of us if the coloring works or not... so far, I'm worried - I think the shading may be a bit too subtle, but I've got a good ways to go before I'll really know.

It's going to be a pocketwatch image, along with a Dr. Who saying, and I'll post progress at it goes along.  The fabric is 28ct beige linen.

Tomorrow, I've a lot to do - take down the tree and other ornaments, grocery shop, laundry and see Michael off. My Day 2 project will be a WIP (work in progress), and I'm not sure how much I'll get done ... but every stitch crossed is one step farther.

2 comments:

  1. You really never do know how much you'll do in a day. I have those days when I'm crocheting and I get so into it that I forget to have lunch. But I finish a huge project in only a day instead of two weeks. :P

    Can't wait to see how this one turns out! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, now I feel like a lazy bum for not working on anything the past week.

    ReplyDelete