Friday, July 22, 2011

Cherry Berry Clafouti

This is a lovely, cooling dessert that tastes like a lot more effort than it takes to actually pull together.  Clafouti tastes a lot like a cross between a puffy baked pancake and an egg custard to me, with fruit!  Add some fresh whipped cream and mmm...

I made this for dessert the other night, mainly out of necessity - I had some fresh blueberries and cherries in the refrigerator that needed to get used up, without a whole lot of effort because hi, we are having a humid heat wave here, and I am frail. (hee)

I should think any berries or bits of soft ripe fruit would work fne with this.

Cherry Berry Clafouti

1 1/2 cups fruit (I used 1 cup sliced cherries and 1/2 cup blueberries)
1/4 cup sugar, rapadura, stevia or other sweetener
2 Tbsp. flour (whole wheat worked fine)
2 eggs
2/3 c.whole milk (almond milk, coconut milk, etc, should also work fine)
1/2 Tbsp. vanilla
pinch salt

If you're using cherries, pit them first (make it simple...cut them in half and take out the pit).  Sprinkle the fruit around the bottom of a greased pie pan.  Combine remaining ingredients and whip, either by hand, with a mixer or in a blender - make sure it's very well blended.  Pour egg batter over the top of the fruit and bake 20 minutes or until it's set in the middle and feels spongy but not sticky.

This tastes good either warm or chilled, and it won't last long enough to worry about leftovers.

Shared with: Weekend Wander, Weekend Wrap-Up Party, Whatcha Got Weekend, Check Me Out Saturday, Saturday Nite Special, Not Baaad Sundays, Sundae Scoop, Sunday Showcase Party, Think Pink Sundays, Show and Share Sunday, Mouthwatering MondayMangia Monday, My Meatless Mondays, Monday Mania, Midnight Mania Meatless Monday, Just Another Meatless Monday, Made With Love Monday, Market Yourself Monday, Homemaker Monday, DIY Project Parade, You're So Very Creative Monday, Motivated Monday, Motivate Me Monday, Making the World Cuter Monday, Making Monday Marvelous, Made By You Monday, Craft-O-Maniac Monday, Amaze Me Monday, Tasty Tuesday, Tasty Tuesdays, Your Recipe My Kitchen, Tuesday's Tasty Tidbits, Made From Scratch Tuesdays, Totally Tasty Tuesdays, Beauty & Bedlam Tasty Tuesday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Tuesdays At The Table, Traditional Tuesdays, Hearth & Soul Hop, Glitter Link Party, Anything Related, Crafty Link Party, Creative Bloggers Party, Weekday Potluck, What's On the Menu Wednesday, What's On Your Plate?, Hoo's Got Talent?, We Did It Wednesday, Whatever Goes Wednesday, Show and Tell Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, Works For Me Wednesday, Penny Pinching Party, Healthy 2Day Wednesdays, Frugal Food Thursdays, Pennywise Platter Thursdays, Simple Lives Thursday, Show Off Your Stuff, Somewhat Simple Blog Link Party, It's a Keeper Thursday, Cooking Thursday, Full Plate Thursday, Fat Camp Friday, Sweet Tooth Friday, Foodie Friday, Frugal Friday, Fight Back Friday, Life as Mom Frugal Friday, Friday Favorites, Simply Link Party, Sweets This Week, Flaunt It Friday.

14 comments:

  1. Yummy, that looks so delicious. I will have to try that !!
    Have a magical day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! easy and looks delicious...question ...by T do you mean tbs or tsp....i can guess but want to be sure!

    Stop by and see me at http://www.willcookforsmiles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops - I forgot not everyone knows my personal short hand! T = tablespoons, t = teaspoons, but I'll be sure to spell that out from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! I have never had a clafouti before but this looks delicious. When I hand write recipes I do T and t too. My husband always gets confused by it.
    Holy Cannoli Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a yummy DIY project! Thank you so much for sharing.

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds so yummy new on me but thanks for sharing I will have to try it

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cherries but I haven't tried this one yet :) It looks so inviting!

    Thanks for dropping your link at the Weekday Potluck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so honored that you chose to join the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop. Thank you for adding this special masterpiece to rock my party :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Summer dessert at it's freshest! Thanks for sharing with the Hearth n Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so hard on my diet! :) Thanks so much for the link up to Motivated Monday at BeColorful. This is a definite file away for the future.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful summertime dessert. I just love all the goodness and flavor of this Clafouti. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you again real soon. Hope you are having a great week!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks delightful! And yummy!

    Thanks for linking up at Healthy 2day Wednesdays last week! Hope to see you add a post this week!

    ReplyDelete