Monday, November 15, 2010

What's Cookin' This Week - 11/14 - 11/21

Back to eating normally again - finally!  Every time I opened my freezer and found it stuffed full of things I couldn't eat, it made me sad.  There will be no grocery shopping this week - I'm working with what I have on hand.

Monday (MEATLESS)
- make bread dough for the week. (white, at Deanna's pleading)

Yellow Lentil Dal, Rice, Homemade Naan (using artisan bread dough)

Tuesday (FEND FOR SELF)
Leftovers - dal and rice, sticky chicken from Sunday, etc.

Wednesday (EASY)
Babysitting tonight - keep things simple.
Chili (from freezer), cornbread

Thursday (BREAFAST DINNER)
Cheese Omelets, Home Fried Potatoes, Bacon

Friday (SOUP & SANDWICH)
Simple Onion Soup (from Twelve Months of Monastery Soups), Hamburgers, Sweet Potato Fries

Saturday (SLOW COOKER)
Teriyaki Chicken Thighs (from Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbook), Rice, Veggies

Sunday (TRAVEL)
Eat out along the way

We're spending Thanksgiving week in Maryland to spend some time with my eldest daughter and her family, so I won't be cooking all of Thanksgiving dinner.  I am, however, making a couple of family favorites while I'm there, and posting those recipes this week here.

(shared with Meal Plan Monday - head on over for lots more wonderful ideas!)

No comments:

Post a Comment