Friday, November 5, 2010

30 Days of Gratitude - Day 5

Today I'm grateful for Autumn.

For the last few years, I've been frustrated at the way the weather seems to go from hot, hot, hot to snow with barely any transitional weather at all in between.

But this year, there have been lots of days when I could throw open the doors and windows and let the moderately cool air in.  The leaves have been slow to turn, and in no great rush to entirely abandon their branches.  There have been rainy days in reasonable supply... and windy gusts in normal amounts.

It is now November, and the news announces the season's first chance of snow in the higher elevations... and sunny days in the 70s next week.

I love Autumn, and I'm so happy it is sticking around for awhile this year.

1 comment:

  1. Autumn is my favorite season, too. Whatever the weather. Cold, hot. Rainy, sunny. Overcast, crispy blue. :-) I like the rich colors of your blog, by the way. Coming through via Java's Follow Friday....
    Su-sieee! Mac
    This and That. Here and There. Now, Sometimes Then.

    ReplyDelete