Tuesday, November 2, 2010

HOO Are YOU? Nov 2

NightOwlCrafting



1. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you?
I live with chronic pain, so I have to specify here that there is a difference between chronic pain (which can be very intense but for me tends to feel 'muddy' and thick) and pain that springs up when something happens TO you.. so I'm going to talk about the second.  The most painful thing that has ever happened to me is when my artificial hip dislocated after a fall.  And that means it was more painful than the original break that eventually led to the replacement.  With a dislocation, this very large, hard object is in the wrong place, and any movement at all feels like a pair of giant vice grips trying to cut you in half.  And - here's the kicker - there is no wait to undislocate it without being lifted onto a stretcher and taken to the hospital while being bumped over every pothole in the known universe.  I can't even begin to describe the pain... I've forgotten the pain of childbirth, of having my hip shatter, of having my hand slammed into a car door when I was ten... but I can't even think about the day I dislocated without feeling shaky.  My biggest fear is falling and doing it again. shudder.

2. What would you name your next child or if you don't have any your first child?
I had four girl and like the names I picked for them... I'd have liked to have been able to use the name Rhiannon, but I think they're grateful I didn't.  As to boy's names, if I'd had one, he would have been Anthony Nathanial...  which is now the name of my first grandson, for that very reason.  Anthony was the name I would have had if I'd been a boy.

3. If you could add one feature to your car, what would you choose?
Having it run would be a good start.  Pretending it did... a navigation system would be nice.

4. If you named your house (or car or computer) what would you name it?
I sometimes call this house "Old Girl" - it is a red brick house that dates back to about the 1920s, with a few creaks and aches, including a cracked foundation that makes me glad I don't own it.  In spite of it's aging nature, she's got a good heart.  
I haven't named my car anything repeatable (heh), but my computer is named Juno (the one before that was Hera).

5. What is your dream occupation?
Dream occupation...as in money is no object, and market worries are not an issue, I'd like to have a gathering place... a coffee shop/book store/craft shop/pagan shop...  Somewhere where artistic and thoughtful types would be drawn to come together to share their inspirations with each other.  I'd like to provide the space for them to display their work, hold classes, meet up formally or otherwise.  What would be the name for that? A facilitator...with coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment