Sunday, February 20, 2011

What's Cookin' This Week: 2/20 - 2/26

I'm noting a consistency about our meals lately - first, there is almost always some juggling of when we eat what...so in spite of my listing days for specific meals, it rarely works out that way.  The second thing I am noticing is that I actually only end up cooking 4 meals a week.  Either there are extra leftovers I didn't account for, or one or the other of us isn't home.

So for a little while at least, I'm just going to be listing four meals here, and not specifying the dates to have them, and see how that works out.

Noodles
Salad

(update - this was amaaaazing.  I had a couple unexpected extra people eating, so I shredded the pot roast into the sauce and served it over the noodles, and people raved.  Defnitely going to try this again!)

***

Taco Salad

(family favorite and regular meal possibility)

***

Italian Sausage in a Bun
Potato and Sweet Potato Salad
Green Beans

***

Chicken Curry
Coconut Rice
Naan

(another family favorite, and in regular rotation - made using the Japanese Curry bricks found in the Asian section of grocery stores.)

(Note:  Adult daughter came by to do laundry on Monday, and made Chicken Chili for us.  Other non-planned nights involved leftovers and one night was about Wendy's... a pretty rare treat for us.)

No comments:

Post a Comment