Monday, April 1, 2013

Theme-a-licious March Wrap Up and April's Plans

The stitching got away from me a little bit - this turned into a pretty busy month!

I did manage to do well at working through a lot of my WIPs during the first half of the month and worried less about switching around during these last couple of weeks.  I got two items finished, and a third nearly done:

A Quaker Seasonal: Summer
from A Gift of Stitching, May 2007
80x81
variagated floss: DMC

Peforated Paper Red & Green Tree
my own design (such as it is)
Threadworx, Mill Hill Beads
Trinkets & Trifles Perforated Shapes

and finally - the one that was meant to be my 3-D themed ornament and ALMOST got finished:

Christmas with a Twist Christmas Cracker
Prairie Moon
from Just CrossStitch 2009 Christmas Ornament Issue
40 x 59
Threadworks  and Ecru DMC

As for my April plans:

For my Ornament SAL, I want to do a floral blackwork piece from The Gift of Stitching (July 2011) called Tudor Rose Bouquet, by Nancy Pederson.

The theme for April's WIPacalypse is Samples, and Blue & Orange (also Mirabilia as the designer, but I'm not working on any of those).  The Theme-a-licious theme is big projects, so I am going to focus on these, because they fit both themes:

My pastel Quaker sampler (from an online freebie chart)

 Elizabeth Taylor reproduction sampler

Lizzie Kate ABCs

and for the blue and old color scheme:

Celestial Sampler Kit

Finally, the Theme-alicious ornament challenge is Santa or Elves - I've not picked one yet, but I'll have it figured out by mid-month.



1 comment:

  1. LOVE the colors on that Summer ornament. My monthly ornament didn't quite make it to 3D, either....

    ReplyDelete