Sunday, May 22, 2011

What's Cookin' This Week: 5/22 - 5/28

The busier I get the more important meal planning gets, even if I'm only patchy about following it.  Why? Well not only are my finances stretched to the squeaking point, but I need to try to use up what I have, and minimize buying things that won't be used up before I leave.

So this week's plan is all about being quick, simple, and using things I have on hand.  I'm leaving days open, because how much effort I'm willing to make depends how deep I am into a cleaning project on any given day.

Hot Dogs in Buns
French Fries
Carrot Raisin Salad with Pineapple

(Hot dogs and French Fries in Freezer. 
raisins and canned pineapple in pantry. 
carrots in refrigerator.  
Had to purchase buns.)

~~~
SLOW COOKER:
Split Pea Soup with Ham Bone
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

(Everything on hand - dried peas in pantry,
ham bone in freezer, have potatoes and sweet potatoes, 
have bread and cheese.
Will slice any leftover hot dogs into soup.)

~~~

Taco Salad
Refried Black Beans
Spanish Rice

(Almost everything on hand - ground beef in freezer,
homemade cooked black beans in freezer,
salad fixings in refrigerator, items for rice in pantry. 
Purchased fresh tomato and sour cream)

~~~

Salmon Patties in Flatbread
Rice-a-Roni
Cucumber Onion Salad

(Have flatbreads that need to be eaten.  
Canned salmon and rice-a-roni in pantry. 
Onions and yogurt on hand.  
Purchased 2 cucumbers.

~~~

Meatball Calzones
Caesar Salad

(Holdover from previous menu - everything on hand.
Meatballs and bread dough in freezer. Salad fixings on hand. 
Purchased ricotta cheese.) 

My total grocery bill, including a gallon of milk, some cottage cheese, and coffee was $38.53.)

No comments:

Post a Comment