Sunday, April 17, 2011

What's Cookin' This Week: 4/17 - 4/24

Spring break for Deanna this week, so I'll be needing to make sure my grocery trip tomorrow includes items to make nutritious and easily makable lunches.

We've got plans to make a couple goodies for Easter, and continue our sorting and cleaning efforts, but by and large, I've got to keep grocery costs down in spite of the holiday (or, more specifically, in order to make room for the holiday).  I don't at this point know if I'm hosting Easter dinner for my daughter's family or if it's just the two of us. (Sadly, Michael can't make it out this weekend, which has me more than a little bummed, even though I understand it.)  I'm not too worried about it - if it's just Deanna and me, there will be enough for leftovers... there will be room to stretch to accomodate whoever winds up at the table.

So here's the plan for the week (including Easter Sunday):

Tonight:
Clean out the refrigerator smorgasbord.
We've got lots of odds and ends - salad, cole slaw, red cabbage and apples, some ham and potatoes, some veggies and cut fruit.  I'll be making up a skillet combination of ground beef, mixed beans and brown rice out of some of the leftovers and setting out the rest to get finished off.

This week:
Individual Chicken and Broccoli Pot Pies
Salad

Beef Burritos
Refried Black Beans
Brown Rice Spanish Rice
(with Mixed Beans, Tomato, and Chiles)
Lettuce, Tomato, Avocado Slices

Meatball and Mozzarella Stromboli
Caesar Salad
Tangerine Sections

Tuna Pasta Salad
Fresh Fruit
 
Easter Sunday:
Potato Salad
Deviled Eggs
Asparagus
Rolls
Strawberry Shortcake

Other Goodies:

Homemade "Peeps" Style Sugared Marshmallows

Chow Mein Noodle "Birds Nests"

Mini "Easter Egg" Jelly Donut Bites

(shared with Meal Plan Monday)

No comments:

Post a Comment