Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June New Moon TUSAL

Whipping in here just before midnight to post my TUSAL jar - not a whole lot of stitching done, but there was some and it's getting close to filled.  One more lunar cycle of threads, and then the whole works will go into a mason jar and packed away, and I'll start filling this jar again for the second half of the year in our new home in Maryland.

I did a bit of stitching on most of my Challenge items, and I've got a couple finishes to share.

First is this sweet Quaker square from the May 2007 issue of Gift of Stitching... I chose my own colors, and I'm looking forward to adding the other seasons to this one.  After I get moved, that is.

My other finish is one of my Challenge 15 items - this is one of Vermilion Stitchery's free patterns (no longer available): Beary Godmother.  I am going to turn it into a little pillow for Deanna - her school mascot is the polar bears.

Tomorrow ... ok, 22 minutes from now, it's my 50th birthday.  No plans, and no expectations for much - I'll be making the final push to be ready for visitors for Deanna's graduation on Friday.  Somehow I thought there'd be a parade at the very least for the half century mark!  Oh well.. perhaps for my 100th!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah Happy B-day!

    Great job on the stitching :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, a bright & sunny ORT jar!

    I hope you had a happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynda, you're moving to MD? you'll be fairly close to me :)

    Your stitching is Lovely!! My older sister is a BIG X-stitcher, i like it also, but haven't done any in a while.

    Can you explain "Tusal" and fiber jar? You can email me if you prefer... susanscraps@comcast.net

    Hugs,
    Susan

    PS... Happy Birthday, you old lady you, HA! I'll be 51 on 6/22

    Hope your day is filled with smiles, love and laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear - I'm so sorry sorry Susan - this comment slipped my attention!

    TUSAL is short for 'Totally Useless Stitch-A-Long' - if you look around the cross stitch blogs, a lot of folks of photographing their ort jar (where all the bits of thread go) each new moon. Betther than letting them pile up all around the floor. hehe!

    And yep, I'm not in Prince Georges County, about 5 minutes from DC. woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete