Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Kitchen Bucket List

I am not the sort of cook that wants to make ridiculously complicated gourmet tidbits, but even if my aspirations are not as lofty as some, I do have a few.  Some are waiting for opportunity and inclination - others are in progress.  A few will likely never actually come to pass, but a girl can dream.
  • I want to own a professional grade mixer/food processor with all the really nifty gadgets so I can knead dough, grind meat and make pasta.  I will not likely do any of these things frequently enough to allow the machine to 'pay for itself' all that quickly, so this remains on the 'someday' list.

  • I want to grow my own herbs.  I'm thwarted in this at the moment by a lack of space for it and three pesky cats that see plantlife as lunch.  But I plan to be in a position to do this inside of a year and I'm looking forward to it.

  • I want to greatly reduce the level of processed foods I use and consume.  This is an ongoing effort, and I'm not even close to 'there' yet.

  • I want to lose weight...a slowing metabolism is not allowing me to get away with hardly any of the bad habits I used to be able to handle without thought.  Stupid growing old stuff!  Furthermore, I want to lose weight while eating well - discovering new healthy choices, not restricting food and turning eating into a chore.

  • I want to increase my social activity and cook more often for people who do not share my roof.

  • I want to plan well to keep a good store of freezer stock on hand.

  • I want to learn to can and preserve foods.  I am terrified of canning but I like the resulting bounty so it's time to get over this.
There are more... these are just the ones that come to mind right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment